More than four weeks went by since the Caval case came into light and the controversy for the purchase of Machali’s lands that involved President Michelle Bachelet’s family, weeks of silence that ended last Friday, when Natalia Compagnon spoke and delivered her first statements to the press, in this instance the center of attention was the apologies to the country and specially to the President.
The Socialist Party and the Party For Democracy (PPD) valued the gesture, while the government assured that the interview confirmed Bachelet’s unawareness about her daughter-in-law’s business.
Moreover, the spokesman Alvaro Elizalde said that Compagnon’s declaration do nothing but to confirm what had been said from the very beginning by La Moneda, that has maintained Michelle Bachelet’s version about never been aware or having no knowledge of her daughter-in-law’s business.
At the time when coming back from vacations and days after Sebastian Davalos’ resignation from the Socio Cultural Direction of the Presidency, the President referred to the subject and even asseverated to have been informed by the press of the situation that during those days began the controversy.
Nuestros comentarios son un espacio de conversación y debate. Recibimos con gusto críticas constructivas, pero nos reservamos el derecho a eliminar comentarios o bloquear usuarios agresivos, ofensivos o abusivos.